Monday, July 5, 2010

Article One : A Little Bit About Me

Article One
A Little Bit About Me

05/07/10

To those who don’t know me, quote me as Dizon. Im a duelist from the Toronto area whose been playing for years. I started playing competitive yugi-oh around the cookie cutter monarch format, around the time of SJC SAN JOSE where chainstrike was introduced. I guess that was awhile back. Most of us players don’t have the money, or the time to invest in playing decks like the Adam Corn’s or Dale and Lazaro’s of the yugioh world. However what ive loved about the game is that progressively its become less of a rich man’s game and has become more about the skill of the player. I don’t know who told me this but it still rings through in me significantly, they said “the game is 85% what you have in your deck , 10% luck, and 5%skill”. In my own personal beliefs luck place such a huge factor in this game, the man who said id rather be lucky then good saw deeply into life. Not many of us know how deeply luck influences us in this game. In a top decking war you either top a monster to attack for game, or a miserable mst that does nothing, if they have a monster next turn. However the skill comes in when two players play without the factor of luck, when it comes to using the best plays with the cards in their hands. I recently competed in Canadian nationals, and the games I did lose I contribute to misplays on my part, often we blame others, or our opponents, but 85% of the time the reason we lost is ourselves.
I think im getting off topic, the point of this blog, is to help others, and help myself. “every man is smarter then me in one way, and in that I learn from him”. Maybe you can learn something from me, maybe I can learn something from you. Yugioh is a game of humans, it is a game of people. My brother who was eleven at last years Canadian nationals, had his deck stolen, one of the judges gave him a dark armed dragon, two others gave him mats. In the end that made me stay in the game, acts of kindness, too often we hear of stackers, and cheaters and thieves, but there are still some good out there. Im a dedicated netdecker, innovation is key, innovation is great, but im here to play. I get some ideas to improve but we are a community. Sometimes I wont make sense, but I hope you keep coming back, I might enlighten you.

-Dizon Out

No comments:

Post a Comment